Search This Blog

Monday, 9 April 2018

E-portfolio geometry sample

GEOMETRY - TRANSFORMATION - PORTFOLIO SAMPLE
TERM 1 2018


LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
LEVEL 2
  • represent reflections, translations, and rotations by creating and describing patterns
  • represent and describe the symmetries of a shape
LEVEL 3
  • represent and describe the results of reflection, rotation, and translation on shapes or patterns


SYMMETRY
Explain what you now know about symmetry.
Try and use mathematical words to explain.
Its where two one thing is the same on
boths sides.



ROTATION/REFLECTION/TRANSLATION
Explain what you know about rotation… It's where you make something turn around


.

Explain what you know about reflection….
Is when Something is mirrored on another surface







Explain what you know about translation…
It’s where you move an object to the side to put it where it needs to go.










TESSELLATIONS
Explain what a tessellation is…
It is a pattern that repeats itself with no overlapping.




REFLECTION
What are you most proud of with you geometry learning this term? My symmetrical picture

Why?
Because I like the I made it in line with the other side.


What was the most challenging with our geometry learning? The tessellation  


Why? Because I didn’t know if I needed to cover the whole thing or not.

1 comment:

  1. Harrison, you have worked really hard on your Geometry unit. You have explained your thinking well. Remember with a tessellation the shapes can't over lap. Keep up the positive attitude to learning!

    ReplyDelete