Search This Blog

Monday, 11 March 2019

eportfolio camp writing

Motivation:
Camp Experiences


Learning Objectives:
Level 3
  • Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.


Level 4
  • Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.


Learning goals:

  • To hook the reader in with an interesting beginning
  • A variety of sentence starters
  • A variety of sentence lengths
  • Edit and rework
  • Effective peer checking and feedback

Peacefully strolling down the silent forest to the raft building activity. I had a group of 5 boys because it was boys versus girls the people were me Nouveau, Levi, Frazer and Jacksyn. Bang went the wood smashing down on the tyres. 30 minutes later we picked up the raft and made our way down to the dark murky lake with light green algy swarming the lake. Just before the entering of the lake I thought to myself "can I swim in here".


Stepping in the murky muddy water as I slip on the mud below me I place down the raft on the lake. Plonking my bum on the raft as I step through the murky water. Fitting five people on the raft as we sail away. All the way down to the lake we rowed to find what was going to happen next...


So far we had stayed above the water, not to say it was going to stay that way. Reaching the end of the water hole where the rope swing was, everyone jumped out and Nouveau was slowly drifting away. So I belly flopped in and got on. Next minute Nouveau lost the paddle and everybody tried to get on the raft, the raft got destroyed and we ended up swimming back to shore as Levi Jacksyn and Frazer pushed the tyres and string back.



As I got to shore I found the beach was on a massive slope like a mountain. As I got up to the surface I felt the sharp stones squish against my toes. Hauling all my weight up onto the grass as the group untied the raft and carried it back in pieces. Getting the raft back to the shed as I shiver and shake strolling back to the camp.

Reflection: I think I did compound sentences and simple sentences but not much complex. I think I understood the purpose of writing in this story and choose a suitable way of planning, Writing and present ideas. I think my writing was to the text type sometimes and sometimes not. Next time I will try to organise the text type better and try more complex sentences.





























1 comment:

  1. Great work starting your story with a adjective; it hooks you in straight away! In fact you have used great descriptive words and even language features like a simile dotted throughout. Your next step is to decipher which details are the most important and add these in with fluidity. This will look at two of your goals - organising to the text type and understanding the purpose.

    - Miss Lamond

    ReplyDelete